Attorney Danya Shakfeh
Founder and Member
Danya is an award-winning and published Illinois contract lawyer, business lawyer, and civil dispute litigator, who is not going to bore you with the typical legal biography of how she is admitted to practice in Illinois, graduated from the University of South Florida cum laude and receiving her juris doctor from Florida International University College of Law. Oh, and she has been practicing for over a decade.
What she does want to convey is that she is a fierce advocate for her clients and has no problem engaging in creative legal thinking and strategy to get what her clients deserve. She is proud to school other attorneys of all levels of experience and, in one lawsuit when she represented the plaintiff, caused an experienced and mid-size law firm to completely revamp their legal strategy, referring to their new strategy as the "Danya rule."
Here are some additional highlights:
- Danya has recovered or saved her clients millions of dollars through her legal advocacy.
- Danya has written and negotiated iron-clad contracts that have stood the test of conflict and litigation.
- Danya has, on multiple occasions, stood up for her employee-clients in danger of being sued for breaches of non-compete agreements. In those instances, Danya's clients were able to work in their chosen area and provide for their families without ever being sued.
- Danya's clients love her.
- Danya has been selected a Rising Star by Super Lawyers every year since 2015. This award is given to less than 2.5% of attorneys.
To learn more about Danya's long list of legal successes, visit our Case Studies page.
Danya currently lives in the Chicago suburbs with her husband and three children. She enjoys reading, fashion, and spending time with her family.
- State Bar of Illinois
- State Bar of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- New Employment Laws for a New Generation?, DuPage County Bar Association (2019)
- Using Legal Analysis to Address Claims of Spiritual Abuse, International Cultic Studies Association Magazine, ISCA Today, (2018)
- Mom at Law, Chicago Bar Association (2016)
- How to Represent Yourself in Small Claims Court, Shakfeh Law, LLC
- 2020 Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers®
- 2019 Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers®
- 2018 Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers®
- 2017 Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers®
- 2016 Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers®
- 2015 Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers®
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- In Shaykh's Clothing, A Resource Website on Spiritual Abuse (inshaykhsclothing.com)