Lawyer for Corporate Formation, General Counsel, and Contract Review in DuPage County and Cook County
Business owners, partners, and shareholders will need to address a wide variety of legal concerns to ensure that their business is structured properly, that contractual agreements can be carried out, and that any disputes can be resolved effectively. When addressing these matters, you will want to work with an experienced business law attorney who can provide you with legal representation and help you build a strategy for success.
Shakfeh Law LLC works with businesses of all types and sizes to address legal matters, resolve disputes, and create successful business strategies. Danya Shakfeh is an attorney and business owner with over 10 years of experience, and she will work personally with you to handle your legal concerns and ensure that your business is protected from financial harm.
Business Law Services
We work with multiple different types of businesses, including medical and health professionals, technology companies, manufacturers, and those in the service industry. We can help your business address a wide variety of legal matters, including:
- Starting a business and corporate formation – When founding a new business, it is important to ensure that it is structured correctly to protect the owner or partners from personal liability and utilize the available tax advantages. We can assist in meeting the requirements to form a limited liability company (LLC), limited liability partnership (LLP), or corporation.
- Contract review, preparation, and negotiation – The contractual agreements a business makes with vendors, suppliers, clients, or employees must contain the proper elements in order to be legally enforceable. We can assist in drafting and negotiating contracts with other parties, and we can review your existing contracts to identify any legal concerns that may need to be addressed and ensure that your business has the legal protection it needs.
- Mergers and acquisitions – When acquiring, being acquired by, or merging with another company, your business will need to address a variety of concerns to ensure that the new company will be able to operate successfully. We can assist with due diligence, establishing corporate governance for the new company, addressing tax issues, and reviewing contracts that will be affected by a merger.
- General counsel services – Many small businesses do not have the resources to keep an attorney on staff, or they may hire different lawyers as needed to address different types of legal issues. We can help you avoid this type of inefficiency by establishing a relationship with your business, helping you address your ongoing concerns, and working to manage risks and build successful business strategies.
- Franchise law – Businesses offering franchising opportunities to other businesses will need to meet a variety of legal requirements, and companies that plan to operate as franchisees should be sure they have the necessary legal protections in place. We work with franchisors and franchisees to review franchise disclosure documents and negotiate franchise agreements.
- Business disputes and business divorce – We can assist in resolving internal business disputes between owners, officers, or employees. We also provide representation in external disputes involving other companies or individuals, including cases involving breach of contract, fraud, unfair competition, or franchise disputes. We can also help business partners complete a “business divorce” and follow the proper procedures for a buyout of a partner’s shares or interest in the business.
- Business restraining orders and injunctions – If your company becomes involved in business litigation, we can help you obtain emergency relief to prevent the other party from acting in a way that causes financial harm to your business while the case is pending.
Contact Our Elmhurst Business Lawyer
With the right attorney on your side, you can be prepared to face the challenges that may affect your company’s ability to operate successfully, and you can build a winning strategy to help you achieve your business goals. To learn more about how Shakfeh Law LLC can meet your legal needs, contact our office by calling 630-517-5529. We work with businesses throughout DuPage County and Cook County, including Willowbrook, Oak Brook, Downers Grove, Hinsdale, Chicago, Elmhurst, Burr Ridge, Lombard, and Villa Park.