Attorney for Commercial Litigation in Cook County and DuPage County
Business owners will need to address a wide variety of legal issues to ensure that their company can remain successful and is protected from financial harm. In some cases, this involves entering the courtroom to resolve business disputes. When resolving these matters through litigation, it is crucial to secure representation from a knowledgeable and experienced business law attorney.
At Shakfeh Law LLC, we work with many different types of businesses to resolve legal issues both inside and outside the courtroom. Attorney Danya Shakfeh has over 10 years of legal experience, and she is a business owner herself, which provides her with an understanding of the issues businesses need to address. She can help you understand your legal options regarding litigation and provide you with the representation you need.
Types of Business Litigation
Litigation may be necessary in multiple different situations. In some cases, the threat of litigation may motivate the parties to resolve disputes outside of court, either by negotiating a settlement or using methods such as mediation or arbitration. However, there are some cases that must be settled in the courtroom, including cases where restraining orders or injunctions are necessary to protect a business. We can provide representation in commercial litigation cases involving:
- Breach of contract – If your business has a contract with another party and that party has not met their contractual obligations, we can help you demonstrate the type of breach and the enforceability of the contract. Our firm will help ensure that the proper action is taken against the breaching party, including the requirement to pay monetary damages or complete specific performance requirements. We can also provide representation if you have been accused of breaching a contract.
- Violations of non-compete agreements – We provide representation for both employers and employees in cases involving claims that the terms of an employment contract have been violated. We can determine whether the terms of non-compete or non-solicitation clauses are enforceable and help employers and employees understand the available remedies.
- Breach of fiduciary duty – Business relationships may result in one party placing a certain level of trust in another party. Litigation may be necessary to address breaches of the duty that a party owes to another. We can assist in cases involving the duty owed by a company’s board of directors to its shareholders, principal/agent relationships, or other fiduciary matters.
- Fraud and illegal activity – A business may be susceptible to harm because another party has acted fraudulently, including through misrepresentation, omission, or concealment of information. Illegal actions by another company, such as anti-competitive behavior, could also result in damages to a business. In these cases, a company may pursue litigation to recover compensation for the harm caused by the illegal activity.
- Indemnification – Many contractual agreements include language meant to protect one or both parties from loss. If disputes over indemnification clauses arise, we can review these clauses to determine whether a party has the obligation to indemnify, what events trigger indemnification, what types of losses are covered, and whether any limits or exclusions apply, and we can provide representation during litigation to ensure these clauses are carried out correctly.
Contact Our Oak Brook Business Litigation Attorney
If you need to take legal action to protect your business from harm or recover compensation for damages you have experienced, Shakfeh Law LLC can provide the legal help you need. We can also assist in defending against litigation initiated by another person or company, and we will work with you to reach a resolution that protects your business interests. Contact our office today or call us at 630-517-5529. We assist with commercial litigation in DuPage County and Cook County, including Chicago, Hinsdale, Elmhurst, Villa Park, Lombard, Oak Brook, Willowbrook, Burr Ridge, and Downers Grove.