Chicago Business Lawyer for Business Matters, Employment Contracts, and Litigation
For many people, owning a successful business is a crucial component of the American dream. It is exciting to be able to spend the time, money, and effort to build a thriving enterprise and earn an income doing what you love. However, your business is likely to encounter a variety of legal issues as it operates, and if these are not addressed correctly, they could have a significant impact on your bottom line. By working with a skilled business law attorney, you can be prepared to address these concerns and ensure that your company can continue to operate successfully for years to come.
At Shakfeh Law LLC, we have more than 10 years of experience, and we can help you identify and resolve the legal issues facing your business. Attorney Danya Shakfeh is a business owner herself, and she is prepared to work closely with you to meet your needs and build a winning business strategy.
Business Law Concerns
There are multiple types of legal issues that can affect a business, and addressing them quickly, correctly, and efficiently is critical for your company’s future. We assist with a wide variety of business law matters, including:
- Corporate formation – Whether you are initially starting a business or need to establish a formal business structure, our Illinois business lawyer can help you determine the best option, and we will work with you to complete the requirements for creating a corporation, limited liability company (LLC), or limited liability partnership (LLP).
- Contracts – We can help you draft, negotiate, and review the contracts you make with other people or businesses, ensuring that your rights will be protected and that the contracts are enforceable.
- Buying or Selling a Business – If you are acquiring or merging with another business, we can help you perform due diligence, address corporate governance, and resolve other issues that may affect the operations and profitability of the new company.
- General counsel – We can build an ongoing relationship with your company, help you address the legal issues that arise over the course of doing business, and work with you to build a successful business strategy.
- Franchising – If you are a franchisor or a franchisee, we can review your franchise disclosure documents and ensure that your franchise agreement will protect your rights and meet your needs.
- Business disputes – We can work with your business to resolve internal and external legal disputes. If a partner or owner will be leaving the company, we can help you complete a “business divorce.”
- Restraining – If another person or business is taking actions that cause financial harm to your company, we can help you take legal action to stop this activity.
Different types of businesses
have unique needs, and we can address all of the above issues for those in the following industries:
Employment Law Contracts Offerings
It is important to ensure that the rights of all parties are protected when employees are hired to work for a business. We work with employers and employees to address:
- Employment contracts and handbooks – We can help ensure that contracts between employers and employees are legally valid and enforceable. We can also ensure that employee handbooks properly detail a company’s policies.
- Non-compete agreements – When an employer wishes to create a restrictive covenant to protect against financial harm, we can review these agreements, ensuring that they will not place unreasonable restrictions on an employee and that the employee will be properly compensated.
There are some cases in which businesses or individuals need to settle disputes in the courtroom. We provide representation in multiple types of litigation
- Business litigation – We can work with your business to resolve business disputes related to issues such as fraud, anticompetitive activity, breach of fiduciary duty, insurance coverage, or infringement on intellectual property.
- Breach of contract disputes – If one party to a business contract claims that the other party has not performed as agreed, we can help determine the possible remedies and assist in resolving disputes inside or outside the courtroom.
- Civil litigation – Disputes between individuals or between an individual and a business may require legal action to be taken. We represent both plaintiffs and defendants in civil lawsuits.
Contact Our Oak Brook Law Firm
No matter the size of your business, the number of years you have been in operation, or the complexity of the issues or disputes you need to address, Shakfeh Law LLC can provide the legal help you need. To learn more, contact us or call our office at 630-517-5529. We serve clients in Chicago, Elmhurst, Oak Brook, Downers Grove, Lombard, Willowbrook, Hinsdale, Burr Ridge, Villa Park, and throughout Cook County and DuPage County.